OCT and OCT Angio
At Acuity Eye Centre, we are committed to providing all of our patients with the most complete ophthalmic services available. Our consultants offer expert comprehensive eye care and surgical services.
The new era begins-Retinal Angiography becomes possible without any Dye Injection- Acuity eye Center Lahore is equipped with Latest Nidek Angio OCT machine.
OCT and Angio OCT
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive diagnostic instrument used for imaging the retina. It is the technology for the future because it can enhance patient care. It has the ability to detect problems in the eye prior to any symptoms being present in the patient. With an OCT, doctors are able to see a cross-section or 3D image of the retina and detect the early onset of a variety of eye conditions and eye diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy (the top three diseases known to cause blindness).
The OCT allows for detection of other diseases such as macular holes, hypertensive retinopathy and even optic nerve damage. Using an OCT allows for early treatment
The OCT has become the standard of care for the assessment and treatment of most retinal diseases, it is similar to a CT scan which is used to image internal organs inside the body. The OCT uses an array of light to rapidly scan the eye. These scans are interpreted and the OCT then presents an image of the tissue layers within the retina. These layers can be differentiated and their thickness measured. By comparing the thickness of the layers measured by the OCT scan against the normal thickness of healthy retinal layers, eye doctors can determine which retinal disease or eye condition exists in the eye, even before the patient is aware of any problems.
OCT Angiograph is one of the newest Frontier and future for the progressive technology of Imaging in diagnostic Eye Care.
Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography (OCTA) offers three-dimensional (3-d) imaging of the anterior segment, retina, and optic nerve head (similar to a C T- Scan test of the eye) permitting early analysis and timely management of eye illnesses.
Uses of OCT Angio:
Used to diagnose and manage retinal diseases like:
• diabetic retinopathy
• age-related macular degeneration (ARMD)
• artery and retinal vein occlusions (BRVO)
Benefits over FFA:
• A high-velocity tool- produces snapshots in 10-15 seconds; FFA takes over 10-15 mins
• Non-invasive; FFA needs injections
• No dye injected, as a substitute uses motion assessment. hence no leakage, staining and other side results which include nausea and severe hypersensitive reactions (anaphylaxis)
• Can collect exceptional test sizes inside the macula and the optic disc in about three seconds
• Can test the other eye in the same sitting, in contrast to FFA, that’s one eye in keeping with sitting
• provides accurate length and localization. FFA results are enormously variable and frequently obscured by way of subjective interpretation by doctors.
• Visualizes both the retinal and choroidal vasculature
• may be used for habitual screening examinations for early analysis of vascular abnormalities, and for ordinary observe- follow up examinations to evaluate the efficacy of treatments inclusive of intravitreal injections.