Significance of Eye Testing in Children.
Eye exams for children are very important to insure your child's eyes are healthy and have no vision problems that could interfere with school performance and potentially affect your child's safety.
When should a child's eye be examined?
AOA recommends an eye exam every two years if no vision correction is required. Children who need eyeglasses or contact lenses should be examined annually or as recommended by their optometrist or ophthalmologist. AOP recommends that parents should book their children in for a sight test around the age of three, so that conditions are picked up and treated early. After the first test, the NHS recommends that children have regular eye tests at least once every two years.
Eye Testing For Infants
Babies should be able to see as well as adults in terms of focusing ability, color vision and depth perception by 6 months of age.
To assess whether your baby's eyes are developing normally, the doctor typically will use the following tests:
- Tests of pupil responses evaluate whether the eye's pupil opens and closes properly in the presence or absence of light.
- "Fixate and follow" testing determines whether your baby's eyes are able to fixate on and follow an object such as a light as it moves.
Infants should be able to fixate on an object soon after birth and follow an object by the time they are 3 months old.
- Preferential looking involves using cards that are blank on one side with stripes on the other side to attract the gaze of an infant to the stripes. In this way, vision capabilities can be assessed without the use of a typical eye chart.
Role of Hand held devices in eye examination of Children
Acuity eye centre Lahore give due attention and importance to proper eye examination of your child. The hand held slit lamp is used to examine the child in a cot or mother"s lap. The recently installed Japanese Retinomax Handheld Autu Refracto Keratometer is considered to be one of the best and the most accurate instrument to measure Refractive errors and corneal power in Children.
The beauty with these state of handheld devices is that the patient" eyes may examined in sitting, standing and lying positions even in mother" lap.
Enhancement in facility for Children Eye Examination and Measurements at Acuity Eye Centre Lahore Pakistan
Nikon Handheld Retinomax Auturefracto Keratometer and Slitlamp for Children Eye Examination and Measurements Installed at Acuity Eye Centre Lahore Pakistan.
Acuity Eye Centre welcomes you for the care your eyes and your kids's eyes need.
Contact Our Team:
If you are looking for any of below services, please fill the form below, one of our team members will get in touch to provide you with full facilitation:
1- Comprehensive Primary Eye Exam/ Consultation
- Consultation ::: Adult Eye Examination and Consultation
- Consultation ::: Children Eye Examination Refraction Consultation
- Consultation ::: Infant Eye Examination Refraction Consultation
2-Secondary Follow up Eye Examination and Consultations
- Followup ::: Examination under Sedation for Kids (After Initial Consultation)
- Followup ::: Dilated Fundus Examination(DFE)
- Followup ::: Cycloplegic Refraction and DFE
3-Diagnostic Eye Test
- Diagnostic ::: OCT
- Diagnostic ::: Angio OCT
- Diagnostic ::: Anterior Segment OCT
- Diagnostic ::: Pachymetery
- Diagnostic ::: Perimetery/Visual Fields
- Diagnostic ::: Hess Chart/Digital Squint Assessment/Digital Diplopia Test
- Diagnostic ::: Digital Colour vision test